Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Biscuit (or Arch 2)

Yesterday Ellie and I went to the Biscuit, the Arch's brand new bouldering site. It is located quite close to the first wall, and turned out to be quite a pleasure. The problems seem to be right on the dot with their grading, and there is something to suit everyone, with problems ranging from easy good old V0, all the way to ungraded impossible-looking puzzles on their comp wall. A great variety of brand new holds, good volumes and an amazing amount of space made it a really enjoyable session. There are slabs, overhangs, vertical walls, and all manner of combinations in between. It was good enough that Ellie completely forgot she was climbing on a slab and actually enjoyed it. She is climbing good, but, like me, needs to spend some more quality time solving these plastic beasts. A lot of the problems were that good old inviting "wtf, this doesn't go the way I thought it did!" and forced me to take a second, third, or fifth look to try and find a way to weasel my way to the top.

Which goes to say, unnecessarily, that I'm back climbing!!! Had a great time bouldering there yesterday and today I'm back on it at Westway, pulling on plasting, hooking my heels round horribly positioned volumes and generally getting used to falling splat on my bum all over again. It feels good to have my arms complain a bit again, they were beginning to get soft!!! Grade has fortunately not gone down too much, but because I did lose some strength, I do feel like I'm placing more emphasis on good footwork and elaborate methods of placing my body in juuuuuuuuust the right spot to push up. Climbing agin in a minute whooooooop!!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment