Sunday, October 30, 2011

Shoes

When you want to go travel the world, explore possibility and horizon, you really want better shoes than this. Terrible state. Thus, my new Inov-8. They rock! I've been giving them as hard a time as can be given in a city without actually running on them or parkouring or similar, and they have held their own very elegantly. If there is anything that might be bad about them, it's how incredibly breatheable they are, wind seems to hit your feet as if though you were in flip-flops. Rugged bomb-proof flip-flops.




Days have passed since I wrote that, many long intense days. Ellie and I have gone mental getting our last pieces of gear together (just have two things missing, and I for one am of the idea that having a spade is DEFINITELY of grave importance). It is come to that time before a trip when it finally sinks in, you are leaving. We are now unemployed and I'm one day away from being homeless, and never felt so free. And it is so HARD deciding which clothes go with me, which will stay or will be sold! Genuinely hard. So many cool t-shirts!

As a matter of curiosity, it will be good to know, for our readers, that I have finally got a passport. Five days before setting off to Scotland, I finally managed to go to the German embassy and pick up that hated piece of printed bureaucracy. Promptly, Ellie and I bought our tickets out of the Kingdom. We will leave for Spain at the end of November, flying to Valencia first, in order to climb in a place that made the front cover of the last Climb magazine, Chulilla. It looks AMAZING! Seriously, google it, place looks magical. After a week there, off to Lleida, where Sharma, Ileida, Andrada, and loads of other absolutely ridiculously good climbers seem to flock. Maybe we'll run across them, and some of their magic will rub off on me. PLEAAAAAAAAAAASE!!!

After that we need to get to Barcelona, fly from there to Milan (quite close to some rocks as well, hehehe) for another week, and after that, we'll see :P so far, nothing is solid except for those stops. And the very first stage, two weeks of Scotland wild camping, Ellie got the flights there for my birthday! All in all I feel the very luckiest man around. And it all seems to be getting better every time!

1 comment:

  1. "We are now unemployed and I'm one day away from being homeless, and never felt so free."
    Just awesome. Didnt know about the adventure u're about to begin... if u ever get close to Chambery send me a msg :)

    ReplyDelete