Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Outside at last!

Monday and Tuesday were very eventful days. After having FINALLY emptied out my room in the house (with a disgracefully painful hangover) on Sunday, I woke up on the living room couch ready to have my breakfast and call up a cab. Once I had deposited the few meagre remaining worldly possesions which wouldn't make it to Scotland (namely books, playstation games and all the climbing gear), Ellie and I half packed for Scotland. But some few pieces of gear reference missing. So off to Cotswold Outdoor we tubed.

Hate the tube. Glad to see the end of it.

At the. Store we practically tore apart the box containing our newest pieces of kit: alpine waterproofs and an insulated jacket for Ellie, all from Mountain Hardwear. And oh my God they're pretty. As much as we are both gear buffs the first thing that got us was the awesome colours: bright shiny green and blues all around! The fit in my new Jovian jacket is awesome, could have arms a tiny bit bigger but I only know two brands which actually accommodate my frame, and this war definitely long enough. I read some people have complained the chest pockets are too low for use with a harness or rucksack waistbelt, and I think they exaggerate. Just fiddle a tiny bit and it fits perfectly.

Ellie is fascinated with her Zonal jacket, bright blue with softshell panels on the sides and bum. Looks much better in real life than on their catalogue pictures. And she swears it is ax furnace.

Back to less geeky stuff, we had an awesome cheese fondue dinner that night, and off to bed. Morning was the typical horrible flight rush, beautiful airport smells, crushed seating and security hassles (we thought they would unpack Ellie's rucksack) and finally Scotland!

Scotland smells SO nice after London :D we did have the misfortune of setting camp right next to landscaping works so got morning construction clatter. Couldn't even notice it after living in the big city. Sad.

Right now we are off to Fort Williams, off to see and climb mountains! Updates soon!








No comments:

Post a Comment