Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mountain Chicken

Meet Mountain Chicken. Inspiration to both Ellie and me, she embodies the true mountain spirit. Mountain Chicken is awesome. First sighted in the confines of an underground lair by a troubled adventurer gone astray, Mountain Chicken seems to have changed significantly from the first rough sketches were presented. Recent sightins clearly show a much better-equipped individual, though truly faced with perilous environments and dangers.

Mountain Chicken, circa November 2010
Mountain Chicken, in what could be
the same summit, c. September 2011



Today, in preparation to our future travels, I packed my rucksacks with the bare-bones climbing/camping kit. Except for my harness, which is at work. My new climbing pack can take it all! Of course, I'd have no change of clothes, or anything to cook with, but I'm impressed how much I could stick in there. Check it out.

Impressively, this made my room look tidy.
I really love Osprey packs.

My harness is still missing there, my chalkbag, and all form of footwear is completely disregarded. However, when I fit those same things (and those that are evidently yet to be packed) into my larger (and also beautiful) 70 litre pack, there was roughly half the space to be filled. Uncompressed. And the daysack empty. I am pleased. There will be room for underwear (YAY!)


As time approaches, nerves are fraying. I don't know whether I'll have time to do all I have to do before I leave (frankly, I don't even know WHAT exactly one does before leaving a city for good... must involve talking to banks and all that boring annoying stuff), or tuck tail and head for the hills in what little precious spare time I have.

Maybe I'll just post blogs. I am enjoying this quite a bit. Hopefully Ellie can write soon too :D

More soon.

Ranaz

2 comments:

  1. Love it! AA me encanta leer sus aventuraas... y sobre todo ver los dibujitos q tanto extrañoo! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mountain Chicken has 69 previews! whoop!

    ReplyDelete